All students enrolled at Christ the King Catholic School have support services available to meet their individual educational needs. We are committed to ensuring that your child receives the best education and support he or she needs to thrive. Christ the King has a Student Intervention Team (SIT) that meets regularly to address concerns in the area of academics, behavior, and/or social-emotional support.
Jennifer Petsche, Director of Resource
- 574-272-3922 ext. 225
The Resource Department consists of three rooms within our school where students can receive additional academic support tailored to their individual needs. It is staffed by experienced educators who assist students with diverse learning styles.
What our Resource Room facilitates:
- Individualized Support: Your child can receive personalized attention and support. Our skilled educators and specialists work closely with students to identify their unique learning needs and provide tailored assistance.
- In-Class Support: Students receive support within the classroom setting allowing them to remain in the general education setting.
- Small Group Instruction: Small group sessions allow for focused attention, enabling students to engage more deeply with the material and ask questions comfortably. This setting encourages active participation and fosters a sense of confidence in their abilities.
- Study Skills and Organization: We focus on teaching valuable study skills and organizational strategies. Your child will learn how to manage his or her time, keep track of assignments, and develop effective study habits to excel in academic endeavors.
- Testing Accommodations: For students with special needs or accommodations, the Resource Room can provide a quiet and supportive environment for taking tests and assessments. We ensure that every student has an equitable testing experience.
Student Plans offered at Christ the King
Individualized Service Plans (ISP)-An ISP is the private school version of an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) for students with identified disabilities including learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, speech and language, and other health impairments. South Bend Community School Corporation assists us in providing these services.
Catholic Accommodation Plans (CAP)-A CAP plan is an accommodation plan that is necessary for a student who has been diagnosed with a disability. These may include attention deficit disorder, anxiety disorder, or a medical condition that substantially impacts one or more life functions and that significantly impacts their educational access.
Individual Learning Plans (ILP)-These plans support English Language Learners.
Together, we can help your child reach his or her full potential and excel in his or her academic journey.
Pam Schena, School Counselor
- 574-272-3922 ext. 208
Our school counselor is a trained professional who is dedicated to helping students succeed academically, socially, and emotionally. Mrs. Schena serves as a valuable resource for students, parents, and the school community as a whole.